120 Squadron Introduction

120 Squadron History No 120 Squadron was originally formed at Cramlington, Northumberland, on 1st January 1918, under the command of Major AR Stanley Clarke, MC. The end of the war precluded operational service, but in March 1919 it became an Aerial Post Squadron carrying the world’s first regular international mail service between Hawkinge in Kent…

History of RAF Kinloss

With war looming and a need to expand the RAF, construction work began hastily in the spring of 1938 to establish RAF Kinloss as a pilot training school. Land was requisitioned from local farms Easter Langcot, Muirton and Kinloss as well as Kinloss House and on 1 April 1939 with 14 Flying Training School (FTS)…